Overall, this project intends to empower business to react in real-time to changing weather conditions at the granular retail-point level, being able to trigger engagements with customers within the vicinity of each individual retail point in their distribution network:
- Send offers for items regularly consumed in certain weather conditions (cold soft drinks in hot conditions, coffee/ tea beverages in cold conditions).
- Send offers for items regularly required to attend certain conditions (rain protection gear when its pouring).
- Provide suggestions to make better use of items/ services already purchased / contracted (off the counter medication usage to prevent health problems under certain conditions, or geared to enhance comfort usage: bought a blanket? now is the time to show us how you are enjoy it with this chilled up weather).
- Promote behavioral change in consumer behavior to make the most out of certain weather conditions (energy efficiency tips for high electricity consumption appliances when the days are longer or shorter during summer and winter correspondingly).
- Prevent damage / hazard from lack or over use of products under certain climate conditions (sunblock!).
Marketing-wise, the logic behind this may not ring new. What is definitively new though is the ability to respond in real-time to the impredictable shifting conditions of weather to enhance the individual customers experience with your brand! By blending weather conditions data with additional demographic, behavioral and transactional data points made available through Twilio Segment, businesses are now able to build further TIMELINESS strength into their marketing strategy.